Subject: Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions now: Jobo
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:00:42 +0100

I too discovered the true meaning of edge effects recently when processing medium
format Delta 100 in XTOL 1+3 in my Jobo. It is absolutely possible to get
wonderful results despite the continuous agitation. And the consistency I now
achieve I could not even approach with my old methods. BTW, I also do C41 in the
Jobo from time to time, with equally good results.

Nathan

Disfromage@aol.com wrote:

> Mark,
>
> All I can say is that I love my Jobo!  I use it only for processing B&W film,
> and it does a great job with less work on my part.  I don't have to stand
> around staring at a timer.  Instead I can do other fun things like laundry-
> my darkroom is next to our washer and dryer.  If you are worried that you
> will not get the same results with constant agitation as you do now, (edge
> effects etc) I would suggest running some tests.  If you like, I would be
> happy to run some for you.  Let me know off list.  I think you will be
> pleasantly surprised.  I have not done any real serious tests between the 2
> methods, but my film now is more consistent and evenly developed than ever,
> and just plain looks good.  If there are differences, they must be very small.
>
> Regards,
> Richard Wasserman

- --
Nathan Wajsman