Subject: Re: [Leica] composition & exposure [was: Mike'n'Marc'n'Zeiss]: long!
From: Roger <contaxaholic@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:47:17 -0800 (PST)

I have a G1 w 28mm, 45mm and 90mm glass. Never thought
of using it for street photography because I have the
Titanium model not the black body, which would be less
obvious. But this thread has given me an idea or two
for using it that way. I plan on getting a used G2
body when the G3 comes out....

Pre-focusing is certainly a strategy to use when your
camera is not auto-focusing enabled. Pre-focusing with
the G1 using a small distance dial is chancy, in my
opinion. The dial moves too freely and could be easily
changed to another setting by brushing it with a
sleeve or your hand inadvertently.

But those lenses, man oh man are they beauties. I've
shot them directly at lights without a care in the
world for flare or glare. It's not something you have
to worry about with them.

Prices for used G1 on Ebay are very attractive for
someone interested in an autofocus backup camera with
high quality lenses.