Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: slotted battery cover
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:32:25 -0800

At 11:22 AM 11/14/00 +0800, apbbeijing wrote:
>on 13/11/00 11:42 PM, Jim Brick at jim_brick@agilent.com wrote:
>
>> Here in the US, they seem to be a production item, readily available, with
>> a part number 442-299-805-009 and are $20.
>>
>> So I don't see why they are not available anywhere else???
>
>Odd that. When you say 'readily available' do you mean that you know stores
>that have them in stock? I have had to quote the part number to official
>distributors in order to get them to admit the item exists. Solms told me
>that they have only produced 'some hundred pieces in 2-3 years' and that
>they have none in stock now but 'maybe next year'. Not what I would call
>'readily available'.

Here in the US, pick up the phone and call  1-800-222-0118, ask for parts,
when parts answers tell them how many of part number 442-299-805-009 you
want and give them your address and credit card number.

When I bought mine, they had plenty in stock. Perhaps they are sold out now
and waiting for Solms to make another batch. Solms makes everything in batches.

Anyway, it is a Leica item and like any Leica item, whenever a batch is
made, they're available. Indeed unpredictable.

Jim