Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Noctilux vs Summicron
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:29:50 -0500

What's to not understand?;-) The obvious point is that if you are primarilly
going to be shooting at F 8-11-16, why invest in a fast lens, such as the
Summilux, or a super-fast lens, like the Noctilux, which is not only super
fast but heavy as a safe, big as a house - compared to a Summicron - and
more expensive than a 1970 VW Bug?...No one is being stupid enough to
suggest - I hope - that there won't be times when one shoots a fast lens
closed way down. The question is, under what circumstances are you normally
shooting? In bright sun? Go for the Summicron. In available darkness? Go for
the Summilux or Noctilux. Simple.

B. D.