Subject: Re: [Leica] lightjet: matte or gloss for a show?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:16:55 -0800

Andrew Moore wrote:

> I will be displaying some photos at a local business in a couple months,
> and as I've never done this before, I need some advice from the LUG.  I
> know there are some people on the list who have been this route before.
>
> The prints will be abstract nature shots, all 8x10 LightJet prints.  I
> need to choose between matte or glossy.  They will probably be framed
> under smooth glass, and hung for display in a rooms without any direct
> sunlight on them.
>
> Other than "you need to decide for youself because it's all up to you"
> (sort of like "what lens do I buy), what are the factors I need to
> consider when choosing between matte or glossy?
>
> Thanks,
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE

I like mat inkjets.
Dried down gloss darkroom prints.
N surface C prints.

I'd have a few made and hang them up and look at them and see how they look.
Behind glass the only way you'd know the mat was mat is that you'd get just a
tad less contrast and saturation.
But I'd hate to buy a bunch of that glossy paper for anything!
Hate to have extra glossy inkjet prints lying around.
I just hate it but that's just me. (What a pain!)
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/