Subject: Re: [Leica] Ball- or 3 way-head
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:53:00 -0800

Bernard Degaute wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm using standard Studex Gitzo tripod + a ratio 3 way head with my (Leica
> and other) gear up to 600mm. I would like to improve with a carbon fiber
> tripod. What kind of head do you suggest : a 3 way or a ball head? I also
> intend to use it with my 4x5 field camera.
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> Bernard
> bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be

Every staff needs it's ORB!
get a big fat ball!!!
and have one!!
from sunny Switzerland, Italy, France they've all got them kicking around
as a national pastime.
You've got a choice of about 10 count em 10 very cool sounding companies which
makes them.
EVEN JAPAN!!
I like my Gitzo Magnesium centre head but also love a smaller Manfrotto with a
single control.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/