Subject: Re: [Leica] Dalai Lama Millennium instructions for life
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:42:30 -0500

Mark Rabiner jotted down the following:

> This is what The Dalai Lama has to say on the Millennium.
> I N S T R U C T I O N S   F O R   L I F E

He isn't a photographer.

 1. Take into account that great prints and great archivalness involve
    great frustration.

 2. When you lose, you lose.

 3. Own at least three Rs.

 4. Remember that not getting the shot you want often makes you feel
   like a schmuk.

 5. Learn the rules so you know when they break.

 6. A little photo shoot with Ginger can lead to a great friendship.

 7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to blame
    it on the equipment.

 8. In the end, most zones are grey.

 9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your credit card.

10. Remember that science is sometimes the best answer.

11. Live a good, healthy life.  Then when you get older and think back,
    changes are you'll remember more of it.

12. A ventilated atmosphere in your home is the foundation for a good
    darkroom.

13. In disagreements stick to your guns. If they point out any abberations,
    get out fast.

15. Use Oriental only for prints it's worth.

16. Once a year, bathe.

17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which the other person
    pays for the Ms.

18. Judge other's success by what you'd sell to get it.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | People don't like to be parameters
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | in an equation.