Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Kodachrome 200 discontinued
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:45:35 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:
><Snip>
> Keeble & Shuchat, one of the largest pro photo supplier on the west coast,
> sells cases and cases of E6 to every roll of Kodachrome. Pros buy E6. It
> comes in every flavor from saturated to dull, pushes easily, processed in
> two hours, can be projected for long periods without damage, and comes in
> all sizes. Kodachrome's flavor is Kodachrome, takes one day to many days to
> get processed, doesn't push well, is not suitable for projection use, and
> comes in one size. E6 is the staple, Kodachrome is now the cult.
>
> Kodachrome is nice if you like vanilla. E6 is nice if you like tutti frutti.
>
> Jim

Ah Rudy!
Three flavors Jim!!!
vanilla bean: K25
butter pecan: K64 and
jamoca almond fudge: K200

but seriously folks: (almost)

K25: smooth sharp and ok a tad pinkish
K64 snappy and living fleshtones.
K200 very snappy, a max black to die for, grain you can sink your teeth into.
As far as I go the K. stands for Klarity.
There's a clearness to Kodachrome the gunked up E6 don't got.
Let 'em wait a day or two!
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

what no projector? I project the heck out of mine!
takes a licken and keeps on ticken!!

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Kodachrome 200 discontinued)