Subject: [Leica] Cuppa tea
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:59:55 -0600

> The Contax G viewfinder is something you either love or hate. I had
> heard great things about the G, but the first time I picked one up and
> looked through the viewfinder, I said to myself, "Oh--oh. This thing is
> one feature worse than an SLR."

Dave,
That was exactly my reaction, and it was that quick. At the time, as a
longtime Contax man lately switched to Leica M, I was really enthusiastic
about the advent of the G1. I even got Contax USA to overnight me advance
info as soon as they got it from Japan. But one look through the viewfinder
and I just knew it wasn't for me. I've never hated the camera, and I have no
quarrel with anyone who likes it--it's just not my cuppa.

- --Mike