Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UV filter for Noctilux
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2000 09:24:50 -0800

On Thu, 16 November 2000, Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> I would agree, and I don't use UV filters for "critical" (most?)
> work....
> However, when Leica "nuts" (99% of leica consumers) WON'T  pay 80% of
> fair market price because of a tiny coating mark or "dust" specks inside,
> I can truly understand the obsession....

Note to anyone who thinks he/she can't afford Leica quality: look for those "ugly ducklings" the collectors don't want.  My 250mm Telyt (late) is just such a lens, with numerous chips in the finish and barely-perceptible scratches in the coating of the front element.  None of that shows in the pictures.  I hardly ever leave home without it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento