Subject: Re: [Leica] Still confused about which 90 to get
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:55:35 -0500

John Collier had it on target.

For portability, the 4/90 collapsible Elmar or the skinny 2.8/90
Tele-Elmarit.  For optical quality, the original 2.8/90 Elmarit or the
current one.  For the absolute in night-shooting the current 2/90, though
it is both heavy and expensive, so I'm using a well-worn last version of
the pre-APO ASPH model.

But, when I want the best, I do use my 2/8.5cm Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar T in
LTM, with an adapter.  Probably blows the Apo Asph into the weeds, though I
will await Erwin's learned evaluations to trumpet this absolutely!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!