Subject: Re: [Leica] UV filter for Noctilux-measurable light loss??
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:31:55 -0500

At 09:50 AM 11/17/00 -0800, you wrote:

>Tina and all instead of testing our meters with the UV filter why not test
>our film.
>Got into a low light situation (dim the lights in the room you are in)
>and do a shot with and without the UV filter at f1, a 15th of a second.
>(I'd use
>a tripod)
>Then look at the neg and see how much shadow detail is lost.
>Pull out your trusty Heathkit densitometer!
>Better yet make a print with the fitlerlesss neg and then put the other
>neg in.
>I suppose we might have been also testing our shutter then as well?
>never mind.
>mark rabiner
>:)
>http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

I don't have time, Mark!  I'm so far behind in actual work that I've got to
stop all of this testing.
I'm not going to use any stinking filters anyway!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] UV filter for Noctilux-measurable light loss??)