Subject: RE: [Leica] Martin Parr
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:19:13 -0700

I can't think of any other contemporary photographer who so successfully
show what modern, middle class life is really like. IMNSHO a true
documentarian. And at least he openly admits to a certain point of view as
opposed to so many photographers who claim objectivity, and yet on even
superficial examination obviously have their own biases.

Give me that bright tacky kitschy world we live in anytime! Seen with a true
sense of humour too.

And yes, one of Magnum's best sellers - keeps them afloat so the rest of
them can keep pursuing "serious" projects - apart from Erwitt of course,
who's advertising work also brings in a pretty penny.

Tim A