Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica and Thieves
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:46:47 -0800

>My guess is that most folks tape up there red dots simply so the camera
>draws less attention.  That bright red dot does tend to draw the eye to it.
>[snip]
>Bob Kramer

if you find the red dot distracting and are ideologically opposed to black
tape, just hold a uv filter in front of the leica roundel - that ought to
cut 1/3 of a stop of the light reflecting off it and may just do the trick
in making this otherwise piquant eyesore a tad less obvious to potential
thieves and griping luggers.

guy