Subject: [Leica] Re: JOBO for color work...
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:34:34 -0800

Duane - I agree with you on the JOBO for E-6. By careful dust control, I
think I get cleaner results than the local labs, too. That's especially
important when printing Cibachrome. Those ugly dark dust spots when printing
positive to positive are almost impossible to fix.

One thing I do to save money with the new Kodak "one-shot" E-6 - I save the
used chemistry in air-tight bottles, then mix it approximately half and half
with fresh. Of course, if I do a lot of rolls, or if the old chemistry sits
for very long, I start with all new chemistry. But the results have been
just fine.

In fact, I just finished three rolls of Fuji RMS 100/1000 about 10 minutes
ago. It was aerial shots taken today of the local electrical power plant
property from 12,700 feet with the Hasselblad ELM and fantastic 100/3.5
lens. We could have shot from a lower altitude with the 80mm, but, man, I
love that 100!

It was an absolutely crystal clear day along the coast, so I put some Ektar
25 in the Leica M6 and shot panoramics from on high with the 35mm
Summicron - 1/500th between f2 and f2.8. Gotta love that Leica glass wide
open! Just remember not to bump the focus scale off of infinity. Those old
Leica lenses with a locking tab at infinity would be handy for aerial
photography.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger