Subject: [Leica] Re: Eggleston the Ungood
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:32:28 -0700

On 18 Nov 2000, Dave Jenkins wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> Eggleston is the darling of the art world, but he has hardly been
> so revered by the "rest of the world," who have not
> "misunderstood" at all. It doesn't take long to see that the
> emperor has no clothes. Nobody finds much meaning in Eggleston's
> photos unless they have already accepted the philosophy that
> meaninglessness is somehow laden with meaning.

Right on target, Dave! I really tire of having my opinion belittled
by those who claim that I don't like something because I don't
understand it. I understand Eggleston just fine, and I don't like
his stuff, period!

That said, if someone likes Eggleston, also fine. Far be it from
me to belittle their judgment -- at least to their face.  ;-)

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica