Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor-drive vs. winder
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 07:59:56 EST

In a message dated 19-11-00 11:45:55 GMT Standard Time, danh@selectsa.com
writes:

<< I
 found reaching the lens barrel to focus a bit of a stretch for my fingers
 while cradling the motor-drive in my left hand >>

I use the R8 with the motor drive and I find that I support the camera
entirely in my left hand where it is very secure because of the ergonomics of
the unit, the positioning of the shutter release button and the leather
'palm' strap. This leaves my left hand totally free to focus and change focal
length on zoom lenses. I have very small hands for a man (pity my stomach
doesn't match) and I find it a very comfortable camera to use although it is
somewhat heavy.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076