Subject: Re: [Leica] brassed black paint Leicas
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:30:49 -0800

>With the recent surge of black paint Leicas flooding the market, it seems
>like a
>good time for some enterprising craftsperson to offer a service:
>
>HAVE YOUR BLACK PAINT CAMERA PROFESSIONALLY BRASSED!
>BEAUTIFULLY WORN FEATHERED EDGE BRASSED AREAS THAT ARE
>BASED ON ACTUAL TIME/USE- BRASSED SPECIMENS.
>[snip]
>sam

i'm willing to take on the extra work: any one wishing to have their black
paint leica m brassed at a nominal fee, please contact me off list. i will
gladly put the finishing through its paces over the period of a couple of
years (we're talking *true* user-quality brassing here) and return it to
you with slight to heavy wear - your choice - *and* include a selection of
11x14 b&w prints on fiber paper of images captured with *your* camera!

m6 users, please indicate if you'd like me to cover the red dot with tape,
and if so, in which color. i also offer top-plate scuffing and scratching
for all m models using actual leica meters and finders. dings and dents
will cost extra, according to number, size and placement. finally, for the
first 10 customers, i'll even scratch - at no extra charge to you - your
name and/or social security number on the inside or outside of the bottom
plate, as you so desire.

i also offer the following garantee: your camera will *never* see the
inside of an ever-ready case or camera bag, absolutely *no* velcro will be
used to protect the body and/or plastic strap guards, and under no
circumstances will the rangefinder ever be adjusted, the viewfinder cleaned
or the leatherette oiled or polished, and you have my word on that.

guy