Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica and thieves
From: "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:28:15 -0600

When I was fresh from the Leica School in Wetzlar  and full of gratitude for
two weeks in Germany on Leica I impulsively ordered a vanity plate for my
car that said" LEICA" and got it. Then paranoia set in and I dreamed of
having all the windows in my car smashed out  by thieves searching for its
precious cargo( not that I am stupid enough to leave a Leica in the car).
But one day while getting gasoline at an inner city filling station the
attendant( remember those?) asked me if the "LISA", as he pronounced it, was
me daughter's name.  The paranoia has been gone ever since.
    By the way,  The "LEICA" tag is on it's second vehicle now.

Tom Furlotte
Memphis TN USA

tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com

Replies: Reply from "TODD RUBIN" <bludog@peoplepc.com> ([Leica] New Guy With Basic Question)