Subject: Re: [Leica] ......Leicas in movies......
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:03:14 -0800

Steve LeHuray wrote:

> > Jim wrote:
> >>
> >> The U 505 is in Chicago at a museum and can be toured through.
> >>
> >> Jim
> > I did so 2 years ago as part of the LHSA Chicago thing and my 35 Summicron
> Asph
> > couldn't get anything.
> > I think the 28 Summicron would have been perfect.
> > Or the 21 Asph or wider!
> > mark rabiner
> > :)
> > http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
> >

> hmmmmm...interesting. Lothar-Gunther Buchlheim published a whole photo book
> using a screw mount Leica with 50mm/3.5 lens and 40 ISO film.
>
> Steve
> Annapolis

When i shot it it was packed like sardines with tourists.
It also was hot as hell. No air.
A lady tourguide way up in front made a long unintelligible speech with
ritualized hand movements.
She had made this speech 30,034 times. Spontaneity was not her thing. She might
as well have been saying Mass.
After waiting an hour to be packed onto the ship i remembered why i hated doing
this in Grammer school.
mark rabiner
The U 505
the ultimate tourist trap