Subject: [Leica] Re: Hermes and Leica
From: Curt Miller <cmiller@berkshire.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:28:03 -0500 (EST)

Erwin once again puts a spin of reality and realism to the subject at
hand.  As a CFO of a fairly large non-profit, I frequently find myself in
the position explaining a progressive action by our executives.  There is
always second-guessing of any decision made and, while this is not at all
unhealthy - indeed to be encouraged - it should be understood that while
difficult, the executives usually carefully research the choices made
from all available options, and make the hard decisions for the greatest
benefit of the corporation.  They have done their homework.  They have
studied the alternatives.  They are aware of all the nuances and
permutations implied by their choices.  Yet, they are (mostly) usually
criticized for their decisions.  But make them they must.  I would tend to
applaud Mr. Cohn for his decision rather than criticize him for it.

Curt Miller, MPA