Subject: Re: [Leica] ISO camera shops in Cologne, Germany
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:58:24 +0100

Hans-Peter,

I agree that it used to be this way and that Germany is still behind other
Northern European countries in this regard. But things are getting better.
I routinely shop online at Foto Hobby or Foto Mayr and pay with credit
cards without any problems. When I drive to Singen to shop at Karstadt (a
large supermarket), I can pay with my Swiss VISA card. I think your
country is catching up fast.

Foto Mayr is a current favourite of mine. Not only do they have good
prices (I just bouth a Jobo Mistral film dryer from them) but they also
give me the VAT-free prices without any hassle.

Nathan

Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de wrote:

> I forgot the most important issue for buyers from abroad: NO PLASTIC,
> cash or Eurocheque only.
>
> The retailing industry in Germany (department stores, supermarkets,
> consumer electronics/photo) is VERY competitive with regard to prices,
> not necessarily with regard to service quality. Famous names like
> Harrods or Walmart burned their fingers on the German market.
>
> Hans-Peter

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland