Subject: RE: [Leica] in defense of tom finnigan....
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:48:01 -0800

> since tom was sorely misrepresented in the leicastacking photo i'd posted
> previously, i present this one,
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/pad/46/leicastacking3.jpg
>
> where tom is saying "come on, ya east coast lightweight, finish that
> martini and put your M3 on top of this stack, ya coward! don't make us
> have to take you out back again and work you over with a sack of jupiter
> lenses."
>
> as you'll note from the lens hood, tom's m6 had already taken a fall that
> night after he'd balanced it on top of an M6J, a rusty M2 (that i was
> never fully convinced worked), my m6, RP Johnson's M6, somebody's gold
> plated luftwalffle iiic and a fabrige egg someone brought along because
> they didn't have enough leica's to stack.
>
> kc

By the way, after Kyle passed out with a mouthful of olives and a silly grin
on his face, we started a new contest: "Leicabowling".  The idea is to slide
a Leica down a beer-wetted barhop and hit pearl onions cleverly placed at
the end of the bar.  Some adjustments have to be made to ensure that all the
Leicas are competitive.  For example, LHSA models are slicker and slide
faster, so they are penalized by adding an extra foot to the length of the
slide area.  Leicas with winders, like Tom A's, make a bigger slider, so we
spread the pearl onions out a bit more to make things more competitive.  We
think that we may have to make some adjustments when someone shows up with a
0 Leica, but the actual adjustment will be determined after extensive
testing.

Sorry we don't have photos of this, but all the Leicas were in the contest
and Kyle was lying on top of the Nikon 990 and nobody wanted to reach under
his tummy to retrieve it.  Maybe next time.

rp johnson