Subject: [Leica] Ladies Who Lunch
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:25:57 -0600

> But analysts said they did not expect a rush of companies
> into the photography business. Leica, in particular, was seen as an unusual
> move as it caters to the professional photographer rather than "ladies who
> lunch".

This is pretty funny. Does this mean WE are photography's equivalent of
Hermes' famous "Ladies Who Lunch?"

If the shoe fits?

<s>

> Leica is supporting the bid, which it hopes will rid it of unfriendly
> shareholders.

This is doubtless the real reason for this...do you suppose this group of
unfriendly shareholders consists of a.) hard-nosed businessmen insisting on
the uncomfortable idea that their investments should be profitable, or b.)
rabid Leica collectors and aficionados who insist that Leica concentrate its
efforts on things like the black paint M6 and the O product?

No matter what happens, I ain't wearing big froofy scarves when I shoot.
<g>

- --Mike