Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Hexar RF focusing
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:33:38 +0800

on 21/11/00 10:02 PM, apbbeijing at apbbeijing@yahoo.com wrote:

> My favourite cameras right now are the
> Hexar RF and the Xpan: the latter has a startlingly great set of lenses,
> though slow. My dream would be an M mount Xpan: I suspect we might have had
> one if Solms had been a little more adventurous and awake to the
> possibilities.

Leica didn't even have to be adventurous - from what I understand, Fuji took
the XPan project to Leica who turned them down so they went to Hasselblad
instead.  Can you imagine having the resulting camera called 'Leica Wide'?

[I have to confess: if the XPan was a Leica I would have bought one a long
time ago....]

Rgds,

Joseph
Joseph@yao.com