Subject: [Leica] A funny thing happened to my camera on the way to the forum
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:51:59 -0700

My offspring seem to be secretly employed in quality control for Leica.
First my daughter mistakes my TTL for a basketball and tries to bounce it
off the pavement, thank you passport, and now my son spilled something on
the shutter release(apple juice?)! The release was VERY stiff so I wet a bit
of cotton batten with alcohol, inverted the camera (so it did not flow into
the works) and gently washed it off. It works as good as new now BUT should
I put a minuscule drop of synthetic oil down the sides of the release just
in case some alcohol got in the works? Any advice or abuse cheerfully
accepted!

Cheers,

John Collier

PS Your cameras can also be tested for reasonable rates. Please enquire off
list.