Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday FS: Nickel + Dime
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:32:48 -0400

Dante A Stella wrote:

> Well, I think we're on the way to funding a recovering for my M3, whose
> Vulkanite is not reacting well to the cold and dry weather.

My local repairman tells me the cheapest and easiest way to recover you m3 is
to find another m3 basket case but with good vulconite and swap body shells.
No messy removal and no problem with cracking the valconite fitting it to the
camera. It is also the right vintage.  My repairman and I suspect other repair
persons have many boby shells from non repairable cameras. YOu might want to
check it out

John Shick

Replies: Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: Vulcanite: [Leica] Friday FS: Nickel + Dime)