Subject: [Leica] Re: Test versus trial? part 2
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:57:55 +0100

Stephen Gandy wrote

yes, more fact finding is needed. That is why Mike advised photog
interested in
the subject to test their own lenses and come up with their own conclusions.
What you, or I, or Mike, think about bokeh of OTHER  photog's lenses is
unimportant.

What the individual photog thinks of the bokeh of  THEIR OWN  lenses in their
own camera bag is important.  If others don't see exactly what another photog
sees,  so what?

<<<<

Stephen, I believe Erwin is interested in quantifying what is generally
discussed in a qualitative way. Which is why he talks about _repeatable_
experiments. If they were repeatable and verifiable, his results would
apply to anybody's lenses.

The whole thrust of Erwin's site and contributions to the LUG is to get
away from enthusiatic handwaving and into the realm of data. Which may or
may not be anyone's cup of tea, of course.

Rob.