Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica in the Movies - another sighting
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:15:09 -0700

> 1. Wolves, pro and con

I've got a nice pair of arctic wolf mitts, made for me in Sachs Harbour -
great for photographing in the Arctic cold - lovely and warm and they look
great too  :)

> 2. The location of Northern Canada vis a vis Navy Pier

We don't have any old used subs, but we occasionally sight foreign ones (eg
US and Russian) in Canadian territorial waters...

> 3. Periscopes (he actually uses one to view the wolves from a concealed
> position)
>
> Have a great weekend.
>
> Regards,
>
> John Haugaard
> Decatur, Georgia

Sorry, I'm stumped for an off topic periscope thread...

Also, the weather here is unseasonably warm (hovering around -3c to -10c
Seasonal average -18c. But it's starting to get to dark for even Noctilux
pix!! (hey, back on topic.

BTW, Farley Mowatt who wrote Never Cry Wolf, supposedly based on his own
experiences, is known as Hardly Knowit up here. So it's nice to know the
film follows in the same tradition (fun film though).