Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:49:05 -0800

><Snip>
>
> I'm not familiar with the Proxar but I suspect they're similar things.  The Elpros are 2-element supplementary lenses that screw in to the front of the lens like a filter.
>
> > http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
>
> Doug Herr

Yes those close up filters you're not supposed to call filters.
Nikon makes some two element jobs which are supposed to be excellent for their
glass; telephoto glass.
I've had Tiffen, Hoya, B+W and Zeiss Proxars in 60 and as of last week bay 50
for an old 150 C.
and boy do they work; with no light loss!
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/