Subject: [Leica] M6 Viewfinders
From: Steve Tom <mrbig@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:27:53 -0800

I'm new to this e-mail group and I have a couple of basic questions about
the M6 TTL which I'll be buying sometime within the next two weeks (I
currently own an M4-P).

Question #1:  Can't figure out whether I should get the .72 or .85
viewfinder.  I know, it all depends on what lenses I'll be using.  I
currently have 15mm, 35mm and 90mm lenses and hope to add a 21mm and 50mm
soon.  I don't think that I'll ever get a 28mm.  So my question is...
Besides not having frame lines for the 28mm lens, is the extra magnification
that much of an advantage with the .85?  I already have to put my eye pretty
close to the viewfinder to see the 35mm frame lines on my M4-P, which has a
.72 viewfinder, and the 28mm is tough for me to see because I really have to
push the viewfinder against my face to see them.  Will I have the same
problem with the 35mm frame lines on the .85?

Question #2:  This may seem silly but are all of the new M6's made in
Germany or are some made in Portugal?  Don't want to be a snob, but it seems
that my Canadian M4-P is not worth as much as the German built cameras and
I'd rather get a German M6 if I have the choice.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Steve

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] M6 Viewfinders)
Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 Viewfinders)