Subject: [Leica] motorbikes (was death threats
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:34:57 +0200

snips

>And lastly, my favorite brand of motorcycle (BMW) is
>produced by a smallish German manufacturer, uses an
>idiosyncratic engine design, has switchgear different
>from all other brands, and costs a lot more than most
>other bikes in its class (but it is built to last and
>is characterized by uncompromising quality). Even more
>hmmm.......
>
>Nathan
>(who cannot afford two expensive addictions and so
>rides a Suzuki)

Nathan,

I recently took my 1974 BMW 75/6 which I bought in 1992 for 12,000
french francs to the BMW  repair shop in Hamburg for a general
overhaul which they will do during the winter months when repair
business is slack. It is the first garage visit it has had since I
bought it. BMW here have all spares in stock or can get them
overnight. I am just hoping you will not be proven right when you
talk about expensive addiction, so far it has been pretty economical
to run.

Last Saturday I had to scrape the ice off my BMW R80 before I took it
for a spin. Off the saddle that is.

To keep this on topic, what Leica would be the eqivalent of the 75/6?
I guess the R80 would be an M5

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist