Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:42:38 -0800

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 12:53 PM 11/28/00 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >I really fail to understand why anyone should try to prevent a discussion
> >about
> >anything Leica on this list.
> >
> >As a consumer, I want to know as much as I can about all facets of
> >Leica,  and I
> >doubt if  I am not the only one who shares this viewpoint.
> >
> >Stephen Gandy
>
> Ted and Sal's point was not that we shouldn't discuss where Leicas are
> made, but that it doesn't matter where they are made when comes down to
> using the Leicas for taking photographs.
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com

perhaps that was their point, but it overlooks the fact that  manufacture
affects the using.

If anyone does not remember such things as troublesome  R8's and their
winders, or  defective M6 film counters or M6 film plates that scratch the
film, all they have to do is check the LUG archives, not to mention the
Minilux of a few days ago.

Of course it's anyone's choice if they want to only see part of the picture,
but likewise it's the viewer's choice if they don't want the picture
cropped.   Likewise I don't think anyone except Brian Reid gets to set LUG
content.

geez, there have been a lot of dumb discussions on the LUG, but  this is new
one.  LUGers claiming we should not discuss something about Leica  pushes the
LUG to a new low point as far as I am concerned.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)