Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:22:32 EST

In a message dated 11/28/00 4:52:25 PM, Stephen@CameraQuest.com writes:

>geez, there have been a lot of dumb discussions on the LUG, but  this is
>new
>one.  LUGers claiming we should not discuss something about Leica  pushes
>the
>LUG to a new low point as far as I am concerned.
>
>Stephen Gandy

I don't think it's the subject that folks object to. It's the pounding of the
subject into gravel, grinding the subject to grit, pulverizing it to powder,
then looking at it with a microscope that makes people tired from time to
time. There is a lot of ego driven discussion on this group that goes much
farther than it should, and unless you look at it as a sort of perverse
comedy it's easy to get angry at what goes on.

Personally, I have a sense of humor. I figure that anyone who gets so wrapped
up in the microscopic details of a piece of equipment, and so outraged at
anyone who disagrees with them, will drop dead from a massive stroke one day
while pounding out the 50th snide reply about the color of soft coatings and
cleaning marks on pre 1950 Summawhatevers.

Some of it truly is funny. The rest deletable. Argue on.

Scott Stewart