Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:52:06 -0800

>What are your favorite [ltm] models and lenses and why?
>
>Mike

let me throw in my 2 cents on this one. i'll have to forgo the body part of
the question since i only know one, the iiif, though i hope one day to pick
up a black iiib...

as for sm lenses, the ones that i use most are:

- - summaron 35/3.5
- - skopar 25/4

1. both are marvelously compact - even with a lens hood, they're small, and
for me that's part of the charm of using a screw mount leica: microsizitude
coupled with lightweightability.

2. they're relatively inexpensive. both can be had for less than $400usd
(and that includes a very good finder with skopar).

3. they're sharp, and produce images that jump off the negs and tickle your
eyeballs, so crisp they are.

though i sing the praises of these lenses, all is not exactly as i'd have
it - i wish they both were faster, and i'd really like the skopar to be rf
coupled. i frequently shoot indoors in low light, and often use both lenses
'wide open.' i'm never sure i'm going to get the shot with the skopar since
i have to guesstimate the distance, and i'm frequently wrong on that
account.

guy

Replies: Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses)