Subject: Re: [Leica] Age and style
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:37:59 +1100

john wrote:

> imx wrote:
> >
> > Robert asked:
> >
> > > Erwin wrote
> > >>>>>>
> > > From a birds eye perspective (having studied books and magazine-articles
> > > from 1870 till today) ...
> > > <<<<<
> > >
> > > Erwin, I thought _I_ was the oldest Lugger! How old were you when you
> > > started this research?
> >
> > My English may not be good enough, but I was under the impression that
> > "..articles from 1870" means a  range, that is articles dating from 1870 and
> > that "since 1870" indicates a start date.

Erwin, I really don't see why Robert's comment should have provoked anything else
than a chuckle.

It was just a humorous play on words. I would suggest to you, to listen to some
episodes of Tony Hankock and the Goon show. This will introduce you to the type of
humor you can sometimes expect on the LUG.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

Message from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] Age and style)