Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:13:48 -0500

It seems from this discussion that it doesn't matter which LTM camera you
choose they are all good!  I bought the IIIf 27 years ago because it had
flash synch.  I don't think that I've used this feature much though.  As
others have said the 35/2.5 Nikkor is nice, but I have a hard time with the
finder these days with my glasses.  The Tewe variable finder is better but I
will probably get one of the Voigtlander/Cosina finders someday.  I replaced
my Summar not long ago with a Summitar and I find that it's a big
improvement.  Still soft wide open but sharpens up very nicely stopped down
a little.

Its a great time to buy an LTM Leica.  With the new lenses like the Heliars
and Skopar they can do things they never could before.

Mike D