Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Project: what's your
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:22:48 -0800

Matt Kollasch wrote:

> Christer, et al,
>
> My current project is smokers.  Especially smokers that must, because
> smoking is often forbidden in U.S. buildings, stand outside.  I had some
> minor success last week in Chicago (I live in Iowa).  There are many who
> go outside to smoke and they are a dedicated lot, for it was quite cold,
> but they were there with butt(s) in hand, so to speak.
><Snip>

Sounds like a great project!! Bet they've get better antibodies than anybody it
fascinates me how the refuse to wear coats!?
Yesterdays Oregonian quotes a Harvard study that says 50% as in HALF of all
smokers are bonkers.
I thought it was pretty high and i'm not most Rabid antismoker i know! :)
A more scientific word was used than bonkers. (Portuguese?)
But after thinking about it during the day yesterday i don't know.
An extreme high percentage of the extreme crazies i've run into are chain smokers.
What is it??
The article goes into detail on the problems crazy people have with smoking.
Wonder if the people standing outside the side doors of buildings would be prone
to try to duke you out?
The high incidence of people standing out the front doors of buildings so you
have to walk though a wall of smoke to get in pisses me off! And of course they
are encouraged by the ashtrays put there.
When ever anyone and their kids goes into the natural foods store at my corner
they walk though a wall of smoke.

mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/