Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Project: what's your
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:21:30 -0800

Ted wrote:

> Matt Kollasch wrote:
>
> > Christer, et al,

> > because
> > smoking is often forbidden in U.S. buildings, stand outside.  I had some
> > minor success last week in Chicago (I live in Iowa).  There are many who
> > go outside to smoke and they are a dedicated lot, for it was quite cold,
> > but they were there with butt(s) in hand, so to speak.<<<<<<<<<
>
> Matt,
>
> Here's a great location, outside hospitals with patients pushing their IV
> poles and visitors dragging themselves to death surrounded by signage
> stating, "Smoking is harmful and can cause death!"! And a Leica works
> wondered here as it's quiet and quick.
> ted

My mother was in nursing school in Brooklyn NY and worked in an emphysema
building which had a fire escape FILLED with chain smoking people each with
their own IV stand.
The nurses were out there smoking with all the patients.
This was the 50's of course.

mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/