Subject: Re: [Leica] Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:10:15 -0800

paul nelson wrote:

> All,
> I'm just about to start coating my plywood sink,
> 6'X2', and was hoping someone could give me some
> pointers on achieving a durable and water tight
> finish.
> Thanks,
> Paul

Marine grade plywood.
Get mask
when all sanded wipe it down with lacquer thinner before you lay down the epoxy.
Mix up the epoxy in a shallow flat container or it will burst into flames
this happened to me
re coat that the specific right time; not too long or too short
we had to set our alarm to do our third in the middle of the night.
I put together the sink with the same epoxy i coated it with.
Its been ten years and no sign of a problem.
I used West Systems two part epoxy resin at a marine supply store.
mark rabiner
:)

Replies: Reply from Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net> (Re: [Leica] Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink)