Subject: Re: [Leica] Test Certificate
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 09:00:29 +0800

on 3/12/00 1:53 AM, Pascal at cyberdog@attglobal.net wrote:

>> Are all Leica cameras and lenses come with a test certificate which is
>> signed by the technician at Leica? I have bought a M6 TTL, a Summicron-M
>> 35mm f/2 and a Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8, but only the 2 lenses with the
>> certificates. Is it missed? Because this certificate is very valuable to me.
>
> I never ever received a Leica item that came with a certificate. It must
> be a new practice at Solms.

This is indeed a new practice.  This started, I believe, some two to three
months ago.  In addition to the instruction manual and warranty card, there
is an addition test certificate signed by a Leica employee.

Terry Sham's camera is probably new old stock, or not of the latest
production, hence the lack of the said certificate.  What's its serial
number, Terry?

Regards,

Joseph
Joseph@yao.com