Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:21:02 +1100

At 09:32 PM 11/30/2000 +0100, Alan Hull wrote:
>I'm sorry Paul but I don't understand your problem with that.
>Everybody has a natural born ability for something and it is my
>understanding that these abilities are contained in a genetic code that
>determines behaviour and ability and physical characteristics.  It is
>also my understanding that this genetic code is hereditry.  I am
>certainly no expert on this and maybe I am confused between DNA and the
>genetic spiral.  But surely it follows that if there is a heredity
>connection then groups of people isolated by language etc can form a
>national characteristic caused by the prevelence of a certain gene.

IT amazes me , that grown up people in the Year 2000 can still believe such
total and utter nonsense. The genes theory is only used by people who are
trying to use it as a method to brainwash others in to believing that
others are inferior.
I mean, I really should not have to say this, but the apparent variations
in abilities are only  influenced  by cultural and geographical variations.
Every race and nation, has persons with low and with high IQ's. This is
evenly spread. The problem however is the lack of opportunity and /or
suppression by others, which lets some parts of the population seem less up
to date.  The biggest problem of all, of course is Brain washing. This goes
for both, the so called inferior race and the so called superior race. The
sad thing is that brain washing starts at home. The example:  People which
appear as relatively smart individuals, still adhere to the racial
superiority theories. In the simplest form, they spread bullshit like:
" An Austrian will always be better at skiing than an Australian, or an
Australian will always be better at swimming than an Austrian.  The more
correct version should be:
A person living most of its life in Austria, is better at skiing than a
person living most of its life in Australia. This is completely self
evident.  The evidence is right here in Australia.
Besides about 180 other nationalities, we have quite a lot of Austrians
living here.
How many of these Austrians have made any impression at any of the Winter
sport competitions around the world? .Non to my knowledge The genes haven't
suddenly changed, but the opportunities have.  However a few real fair
dinkum Aussies have just won some competitions. Only because they either
trained in the european circus, or the type of winter sport they shine in
is suited to the local conditions here in the mountains. Again no change of
genes. Just a geological change.
This was a relatively harmless example.  No need to go in to the more
serious stuff. We all know  how it ended up, or how in many cases now it
still makes for hurt and sadness.
All people are equal. Just the oportunities aren't Don't let some stinkers
tell you otherwise.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Country of origin)