Subject: Re: [Leica] OT/Francesca Woodman
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:15:55 +0200

>I've recently discovered the (art) photographer Francesca Woodman and I'm
>stunned by the consumate emotional and visual beauty of her work. Have any
>others looked at her pictures? Arthur

There was an exhibition at the Photographers´ Gallery in London, not
last summer but the summer of 1999 I think it was. Very memorable.
Unfortunately she died much too young, suicide. With hindsight, you
tell yourself that some pictures reflect this. The pictures are
simply beautiful. There are, of course, not a great many of her
pictures. Did she destroy some of her pictures before she took her
life? If somebody knows if her pictures are available for viewing on
the net, please give me (and Arthur) the URL.     -- Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or
F-50590 Regnéville-sur-Mer, France