Subject: [Leica] Re: Leitz, Objectivity, My New Web Site
From: "Douglas Cooper" <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:49:20 -0800

>Hi Doug,
>you are excused.

Hope so.  And my apologies if it was indeed a case of mangled English --
although "in the field" generally does mean "off the testing bench."

Okay enough in the way of ignorance, my own in particular.  Thought I should
open myself up to the vicious and incompetent criticism that I've been
doling out recently (actually, I'd prefer polite and competent, if that's
your bag):  my new Web site is up.  It's  not anywhere near finished, but
fleshed out enough to give some sense of what I do.  If you click on "Old
Media," it will take you to photography.  Anything in square format was shot
with a Rolleiflex; everything else with Leicas:  LTMs and M's, with Canon
and Leitz lenses.  I only have a handful of photos up -- fashion and street
photography -- with hundreds to go.  But I'd love a critique of the site
itself, and the art project (under "Dysmedia"), which is displayed in its
entirety:  these are
paintings, some with a photographic element, produced with the aid of voice
recognition software and online translation services.  They are being
exhibited and published in January, and there's still time to rework things
if someone points out serious flaws.

www.metaversalstudios.com/ostrogoth

cheers,

Douglas Cooper