Subject: Re: [Leica] Again and again (was: never again)
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:51:56 -0800

> We're equipped with these large brains, but our default
> behaviour seems to be to use them as little as possible.

Neither blindness nor ignorance corrupts people and governments.  They soon
realize where the path they have taken is leading them.  But there is an
impulse within them, favored by their natures and reinforced by their
habits, which they do not resist; it continues to propel them forward as
long as they have a remnant of strength.  He who overcomes himself is
divine.  Most see their ruin before their eyes; but they go on into it.

Leopold von Ranke
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net    Seattle, Washington USA $