Subject: Re: [Leica] PRE-visualization
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 21:55:27 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

> At 08:11 PM 12/4/00 +0000, Dean Chance wrote:
> >
> >AA'S ability to previsualize the
> >results he wanted, then make the adjustments at every phase in the
> >production of the finished image still impresses me. Yet, I am not moved.
> >Other people are.
> >

> Can someone explain the term PRE-visualization? Is this visualization
> before visualization? Or is it just simply "visualization?"
>
> If you visualize something, you are doing it before the act. If you
> pre-visualize something, you are visualizing it before you visualize it
> before the act.<<<<<<

Heck Jim,

By the time those guys get over their pre visualizing whatever it is they are
visualizing before the pre part,  I'd have a half dozen rolls shot, souped,
dried and printed! :-)

Could never figure this pre visual stuff out, simply because if I'm motivated
it's on film before it changes and one loses the opportunity.  Dang, standing
there doing pre visualizing could have a fella miss the shot,  much like
watching a fine woman walking by, then pre visualizing the moment, then losing
her as she disappears around the corner gone forever! Instead of taking
immediate action!

Like, "Hi I can get you in pictures!" :-)  Well Ok you never know, it works in
the movies and the guy doesn't even use a Leica! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] PRE-visualization)
Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] PRE-visualization)