Subject: Re: [Leica] PRE-visualization
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:44:23 -0500

It all happens too fast for me to think about pre-visualising! Even on a
4x5. All I worry about is what I get on the neg. Figure out where zone III
and Zone VII are, expose for Zone III and if your important highlights fall
above Zone VII pull back on the development or use a compensating developer.

Er, that's it!

Everything else is possible once you have done this.

BTW everyone should download and print Mark Rabiner's wonderful zone system
chart. Give us the URL again, Mark.

Even Ansel was surprised in the darkroom sometimes. One of the things I like
about EXAMPLES is he deflates our idea of him as uber-techno-mensch #1, he
says things like "I had ten film holders, but I dropped two and the third
had light leaks then on the fourth I must have not stopped down..."
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] PRE-visualization)