Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: Negative carrier for Valoy II
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:45:54 -0500

MArtin-
I called him a couple of months ago, and he was having trouble getting a new
batch made. That was when I decided to try to get my own made, and after all
this time, I am still in the development stages!! Everybody takes forever to
either get working drawings done, or giving estimates! Shoot! Leica gave me
the okay to make them more quickly than I can get a firm estimate!! We are
working to make it machined from a single billet of aluminum, hard black
anodized, with a slightly oversized opening for verification borders. Stay
tuned!
I do have an extra, but it ain't cheap.
Can you hold out a bit longer?
I called about having them injection molded, but the setup and machining of
the mold would run from $8000-13000 USD!! After that, the damn things could
be made for 30 cents apiece! I think the machining method is going to be the
most practical unless I can get a firm order for about 10,000 negative
carriers!!!
If you still need a 'real' one, contact me off list!

Dan