Subject: Re: [Leica] week 49 is up - love and blood
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 15:29:26 EST

In a message dated 12/5/00 1:22:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nick.botton@camphill.org.uk writes:

<< While I admire Kyle's ability to stay cool in some strange
 situations, this disturbing image left me wondering about the
 influence of photographer on subject. I know nothing of its
 background, whether spontaneous or staged, but it left me with the
 uncomfortable feeling that it might not have happened without Kyle's
 presence.
 Presented without comment it raises questions about the ethics of
 concerned photography.
 Could you tell us more, Kyle?
 Nick. >>

In a probably vain attempt to spare Kyle as the artist, I will offer the
following as my memory serves.  Several months ago, Kyle's post of the first
of his photos of Emily, provoked a number of responses similar to this.  The
discussion may have at that point initially reached the exploration of the
work of Susan Sontag (or was it Stephen Sondheim?).  It would probably be
worth looking through the LUG Archives.

Joe Sobel