Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-like medium format lenses?
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:59:27 -0500

> I recently ran a roll of my usual film through the
> Fuji GA645zi pro
> point 'n shoot, ..., in a
> really handy
> package-I think I have found my new MF outfit.

I 'had' one of those, and it was OK, but it was not very good with exposure
control.  It had aperture priority only, and the flash would only sync at
1/45...  The pictures were good, but all those automatic controls really
did more damage than good, at least for what I used it to shoot...  I'm not
saying it was a bad camera, it just didn't suit my needs.  It also did not
have a fast lense.  Instead, I bought a GS645, which is a Fuji 645
folder...fixed focal length, f3.5...nothing automatic, and I really like
it...slightly finicky though.

The best "Leica" like MF lense I have is the Hasselblad 110/2.  Exceptional
bokeh, and quite fast...